[Koha] Error creating "default" data during fresh install

Steve Nickerson stevenanickerson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 14:54:24 NZDT 2016

Hi all,

  I've installed a fresh Koha instance using the "oldstable" packages on
Ubuntu 16.04 and MySQL.   I've followed the process at
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages#Add_A_Koha_Co
mmunity_Repository and the install goes fine until after I login to the web
interface and try to create "default" data.   The DB itself gets created
successfully and says I have the permissions needed, but then fails with the
following error when I try to create default/sample item types, patron
categories, etc. (I just left the default choices selected):

DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_dbh_execute(): Data truncated for column 'type'
at row 1 at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Objects.pm line 101

Anyone know what might be causing this and how to recover/move on?

Thanks!

Steve