[Koha] Migration erros from 16.05 to 16.11

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 01:06:42 NZDT 2016

The 'koha-common' package doesn't include MySQL or MariaDB. It requires a
database server, and only suggests that you could install the
'mysql-server' package (or the 'virtual-mysql-server').
Our instructions tell you to install the database server BEFORE installing
'koha-common'. And you can choose to install MariaDB or MySQL. Both serve
the purpose and the 'koha-common' installer understands that it has the
right DB server (either will make virtual-mysql-server be marked as
installed).

So you need to:
$ sudo apt install mariadb-server
or
$ sudo apt install mysql-server

before installing the 'koha-common' package.

Regards