[Koha] Messaging Preferences - Help

Christopher Davis cgdavis at uintah.utah.gov
Fri Aug 26 10:23:47 NZST 2016

Satish,

As far as I know, setting the messaging preferences within
Home>Adminstration>Patron categories will only affect patron account
records created *after* the change in the messaging preferences of the
Patron category templates. It is not retro-active; however, I know
that my institution's Koha support vendor, ByWater Solutions, ran a
script on our database which changed the messaging preferences of
every patron record to match the preferences found in Patron category
templates. Does that make sense?

I do not know why your Koha system has not sent welcome email messages
to your batch-loaded patrons. For some reason, the messaging cron
which sends messages and notices does not recognize the batch-loaded
patrons as being in need of welcome messages.

Good luck,

Christopher Davis, MLS
Systems & E-Services Librarian
Uintah County Library