[Koha] System generated field 001 control number

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Wed Sep 23 07:03:57 NZST 2015

We use 999$c to match our records (most of which don't have ISBN). This is
especially important when we've had to edit a batch offline and re-upload
them.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 11:10 PM, Iming Chan <imingchan at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Does this mean we can use MARC 999$c or 999$d for record matching and
> merging
> purpose during import, as it didn't seem to work properly when we first
> start to use Koha a while back.
>
> At this moment, we manually enter Koha record number found in 999$c into
> 001, while OCLC number is swapped to 035 in MARCedit.
>
> Iming
>

> -----
> Iming Chan
> Translib Information Service
> Melbourne, Australia
> http://opac.translib.com
>
> Phone: +61 3 9801 5097
> Fax: +61 3 9801 4024
> E-mail: iming at translib.com

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)