[Koha] KOHA with PostgreSQL

Jesse pianohacker at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 04:31:56 NZDT 2015

Unfortunately, Koha will not currently work with PostgreSQL. It's pretty
heavily tied to either MySQL or MariaDB.  We are in the midst of an effort
to convert old code to use a database abstraction layer that would allow
PostgreSQL, but that's not likely to be finished in the near future.

However, there are a number of libraries using Koha at that scale. You will
need a fairly powerful server (or two, with the database on a separate
server), but it's workable.

> Hi List,
> just wondering, if any experience using KOHA with PostgreSQL database,
> and my second inquiry is - any libraries using Koha for the bibliographic
> database with ca. 4 million records. Is it stable?
> thanks
> Araik

Jesse Weaver