[Koha] 952$o subfield not displayed in OPAC

dc12345 davidchat815 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 06:55:46 NZDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I've recently set up a web server running Koha for a small library at a
research institute, and I'm having issues with the OPAC in displaying the
itemcallnumber field. I originally converted my holdings from an Excel file
to .mrc format with MarcEdit and everything else imported perfectly. I am
using LCC for my call numbers rather than Dewey, and I changed the
DefaultClassificationSource to lcc, as well as the itemcallnumber to map to
050a. And I'm using the default framework in Koha 3.20.02.

The weird thing is, when I go to edit an individual record as an admin, the
full call number is there in the 952o subfield, just as it should be. It
just comes out blank in the OPAC. If I then save the entry without editing
it, it fixes the issue. I would just edit each book then, but I have 5144
total books to edit, so there's got to be another way to fix it. Here's an
example of a MARC record as I originally imported it:

=LDR  00303nam a2200109Ia 45e0
=008  150928s9999\\\\xx\\\\\\\\\\\\000\0\und\d
=050  \\$aF1435.1 .C46
=100  \\$aRobin, Cynthia
=245  \\$aEveryday Life Matters: Maya Farmers at Chan
=260  \\$bUniversity Press of Florida
=260  \\$c2013
=952  \\$aMARI$bMARI$p03403$yBKS

I've also tried adding the 952$o subfield before I import it, but I get the
same result. By the way, I know my 050 field should be split as
050$aF1435.1$b.C46, but I'm an archaeologist and not a librarian (dammit
Jim!) and didn't realize this when I started this process. But I've also
imported single books this way and played around with formatting a lot, with
the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Other than this hiccup, which is
surely my fault, I've been very impressed with Koha!

Thanks!
Dave