[Koha] SIRSI / Koha Differences

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Fri Oct 2 06:47:38 NZDT 2015

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 1:36 PM, Shell, Lezlie
<Lezlie.Shell at contractor.cengage.com> wrote:
> After fleeing Brio I looked at the tables in SchemaSpy.  Does the MARC data really
> live in the marc field of the biblioitem table?  I tried to look at this in Brio,
> but it said I couldn't request a binary datatype.  I currently do a lot of data
> checking in the marc0 table.  I was hoping to find an equivalent table in Koha.

The marcxml column in the biblioitems table also stores a copy of the
record in MARCXML (using the MARC21slim schema, specifically).

To get at specific values in the MARCXML, you can use MySQL's
ExtractValue() SQL function; some examples can be found here:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/SQL_Reports_Library#Query_MARC

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton
Infrastructure and Added Services Manager
email:  gmc at esilibrary.com
direct: +1 770-709-5581
cell:   +1 404-984-4366
skype:  gmcharlt