[Koha] Koha glacially slow

Aparrish cspsyntech at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 04:13:57 NZDT 2015

re: Tomas Cohen Arazi:

I followed the official instructions:
http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?p=koha.git;a=blob;f=INSTALL.debian;hb=HEAD

For the most part. I admit I made a pretty hack job of it - I was working
from a bunch of different installation guides at once because odd things
seemed to keep popping up. For instance this one is the most complete, but I
still had to go find a lot of Perl dependencies on my own on CPAN because
the ones in the repository are outdated.

LATER:

Fixed it. The problem was in koha.conf - someone had told me to change the
directories in that file to /var/koha/Koha/ instead of
/var/koha/Koha/koha-tmpl/ . So I changed it back. It's working perfectly
now. Stupid mistake, but you live and you learn. Thanks so much to everyone
for your help.