[Koha] items not importing

Jennifer Perry jeperry.librarian at gmail.com
Thu May 28 13:58:29 NZST 2015

Hi all. New Koha user here, looking for some advice.

When first experimenting with Koha I installed it on a virtual machine on
my laptop and used that to create all of the MARC records and items.  Now
it is time to migrate all of the data over to a real server set up by our
IT department.  The problem is that none of the items are importing into
the new Koha instance.

While doing the staging of the MARC records I can see that it has found
~1300 MARC records and slightly more item records.  But none of the items
are showing up when searching (even allowing a long delay for the zebra
index to get rebuilt).

When the IT guys set up the new server they did not use the exact same
library branch name, etc, as I did in my testing.  Could Koha be ignoring
the items because of this mismatch?  Is there a way to make Koha import
these items even if the 952$a and 952$b subfields don't quite line up?

Thanks,

Jennifer Perry