[Koha] Installed new server can no longer access KOHA.

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Sun May 24 16:43:38 NZST 2015

Greetings,

This is why I much prefer looking at the Wiki, because the warning is more
ominous and fear inducing.
"Disable Default Site
If you are running Drupal or any other web service on the same machine, do
not disable the default site! If you are unsure, do not disable the default
site! When in doubt, always talk with your system administrator, network
administrator, or IT Department.
The following is intentionally not boxed to prevent problems arising from
improperly disabling the default site.
If and only if Koha is the only thing on this server, then feel free to run
this to disable the default site: sudo a2dissite 000-default"

Additionally, given people's laziness leading to just cut and past the boxes
in, this command is generally overlooked.

This is written for the librarian with no linux experience trying an Ubuntu
install. The problem is the Ubuntu pages give a little more detail than the
Debian in terms of intermediate steps, but approach it from the "Oh shoot,
this person knows nothing about networking or apache configuration". The
Debian pages assume a higher level of networking and apache configuration
understanding than that, last I checked.

As for the INSTALL file, that update was way better than the previous
version. :P

GPML,
Mark Tompsett