[Koha] Installed new server can no longer access KOHA.

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Sun May 24 16:01:13 NZST 2015

Craig Butosi schreef op vr 22-05-2015 om 18:43 [+0000]:
> Might I recommend that someone with experience in this area take a
> look at submitting an edit at
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages to
> include both Robin's concerns about disabling the default site, and
> expanding on the alternate way of solving the default "It Works!" page
> issue? I had no idea this issue could be fixed in the way suggested
> below. I rely on this Wiki page to get me through the installation
> process when I'm tinkering, as I'm sure may others do too.
>
> I think what's perhaps come out of this thread is that this Wiki
> install guide needs some attention by an expert. ;D

I tend to focus on these instructions:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Debian

because I wrote them :) In theory, if you follow them correctly, things
will work, however they are mostly written as a high-level guide for
people who have a fair idea about how Linux works in the first place to
avoid cluttering them up with things that aren't particularly Koha
related.

In this specific case, the vhost link that MJ Ray linked to is really
the appropriate reference for learning how to fix it properly.

Perhaps time I added a "common problems you might encounter and how to
fix them" section.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.