[Koha] Potential New User

Gianfranco Nicola iw1dov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 08:36:05 NZST 2015

> Hi Everybody:
>

> I am interested in downloading Koha in order to automate our church library,
> but got lost on the requirements page. Do I need Linux and all the other
> bulleted items, or can I choose one?
>
> How easy is it going to be for a non-programmer to set it up and get it
> running?
Hi Linda, welcome!

I am a total beginner too, but I am setting up Koha for our Museum
library without difficulties.
Well, actually I am a programmer :) so I could help you to get Koha up
and running.
But  because I am not a librarian,  likely I couldn' t help you in
getting your books into Koha, though.

First of all, Koha runs on Linux, so you will need a pc running Linux,
with enough memory (RAM) , at least 1 GB - the more, the better. And
that PC must be connected to the Internet, to download and install Koha.
All the other bulleted things are optional.

Then, installing Koha isn't too difficult - can be done by a
non-programmer, but he/she should be comfortable in using the PC, and
preferabily in Linux.

Greetings

Gianfranco Nicola
Museo Ferroviario Piemontese

---
Questa e-mail รจ stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast antivirus.