[Koha] Potential New User

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Sat Jun 27 14:30:56 NZST 2015

On 27/06/15 05:43, Linda Hankins wrote:
> Hi Everybody:
>

> I am interested in downloading Koha in order to automate our church library,
> but got lost on the requirements page. Do I need Linux and all the other
> bulleted items, or can I choose one?
>
> How easy is it going to be for a non-programmer to set it up and get it
> running?
>
> Am I totally in the wrong group?
Hi Linda,
Not sure what page you are referring to there, but I can answer your
question.

You will need a computer running Linux, preferably Debian or Ubuntu.
You should be able to find someone in your church community to install
that for you.  Otherwise post to a Linux forum, you'll quickly find
someone in your area (who may or may not charge for the service).

Once you have Linux installed, you (or your helper) can install Koha.
The recommended method is from Debian packages (not by downloading the
tarball):
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_Debian

To set Koha up for your library, the manual will be friend, plus you can
post questions back to this list.  Welcome to the Koha community!
http://manual.koha-community.org/3.18/en/

Bob Birchall
Calyx