[Koha] Koha Fundraising Committee Draft Terms of Reference

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 04:23:27 NZST 2015

> Hi all -
>
> Just to be clear again - this is what I had highlighted previously -->  "
> 4. Jonathan Druart has resigned from Biblibre effective May 1st and is
> currently unemployed.  I propose the we use some of the money of the Fund
> to hire him as a contractor to a) sign-off on bugs b) QA bugs c) clean up
> bugzilla (for example we have a large number of bugs that are major or
> critical for some that have no patches even written for them, plus there is
> also a bunch of other clean up that will help every other developer in the
> community - that honestly none of us really have time to do).  Since he has
> no allegiance to a support provider - he is exactly the third party person
> we are looking for. "

I think it would be a good idea to hire Jonathan as an independent
consultant for Koha Fund, while the committee continues to work on the
legal bylaws. Because the delays to have this properly discussed and agreed
have put Jonathan in a difficult situation right now (unemployment). And it
should be explicitly stated that once the legal bylaws are figured, the
decision to hire him (and the terms of the contract) would be revisited by
the comitee.

Please join forces to have this sorted ASAP. All this legal stuff is scary
to read and fully understand, but at least add your +1 to support people
working on this.

--
Tomás Cohen Arazi
Prosecretaría de Informática