[Koha] Authority search doesn't show the actual results

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Jul 13 15:49:43 NZST 2015

Michael Kuhn schreef op za 11-07-2015 om 12:34 [+0200]:
> Of course it's quite annoying to completely reinstall Koha just
> because
> I couldn't find the reason in the logs or via the mailing list but
> whatever - the search works now which is a good thing.

It isn't necessary to reinstall Koha to do things like that. Data and
application are totally separate things. In the worst case (and I've
never ever had to do this), you could erase the database and the search
indices (usually under /var/lib/koha), and it'd be back to fresh.

But you don't need to do this either.

I have regularly done things like re-link all the authorities and then
rebuild all the search indicies from scratch, this often solves most
search related problems.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.