[Koha] Authority search doesn't show the actual results

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sat Jul 11 22:34:15 NZST 2015

Earlier on I wrote... and Chris answered...

>>> Hi Michael
>>>
>>> Since you haven't linked any authorities to bibliographic records yet,
>>> it might be worth checking what the OPACShowUnusedAuthorities
>>> is set to.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>
>> Hi Chris
>>
>> The parameter "OPACShowUnusedAuthorities" is set to "Show" - but as I
>> understand this will affect the OPAC while I am doing an authority
>> search in the staff client.
>>
>> Interestingly enough I now also searched in the OPAC and Koha DOES show
>> the actual result there. But not in the staff client's authority search!
>> What am I doing wrong?!
>>
>> Michael
>
> Hi Chris
>
> Sorry for the misinformation - I was searching in the other installation
> which works fine anyway.
>
> In the installation with the problem as said the parameter
> "OPACShowUnusedAuthorities" is set to "Show". If I search in the OPAC it
> takes some time but won't show no results. In the staff clients it shows
> the correct number of results but not the actual results.

Just for the record:

Since after all both the authority and the bibliographic searches showed
the number of results found but not the actual result information I
decided to completely reinstall Koha. Now the bibliographic search in
staff client and OPAC works, as well as the authority search in the
staff client.

Though the authority search in the OPAC still doesn't show any results
even if the system parameter "OPACShowUnusedAuthorities" is set to
"Show". However, for now I hope this is because I didn't link anything yet.

Of course it's quite annoying to completely reinstall Koha just because
I couldn't find the reason in the logs or via the mailing list but
whatever - the search works now which is a good thing.

Michael