[Koha] Koha for CentOS

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Fri Jul 10 00:36:29 NZST 2015

On 09/07/15 21:22, Via Vitae Solutions wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> We are planning to Install and Customized Koha on CentOS (version 5 or 7).
> Please advice which version of Koha will act most stable on this
> environment?
>
> -- Via Vitae Solutions Kolkata - 700064 India
The recommended way to install Koha is from Debian packages.

 From your signature, you seem to be a provider of services, not a
library?  If that is so, you should carefully consider your reasons for
taking yourself away from project standards.  Further, if you are
customizing Koha, are you planning to offer your changes back to the
project?  You have the right to fork of course, provided you respect the
license given by the copyright owners, but it may not be in your
customers' best interests.  The project moves very quickly and a fork
can rapidly become difficult to reconcile.

Are you seeking to coral your clients outside the community, or to
invite them in?

I recognise that I've answered a different question to that asked. I
hope it might help you consider your positioning in the project.
Bob Birchall
Calyx