[Koha] Organize National Seminar on Koha In India 'IndKoha'

Bengal Library Association blacal.org at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 22:30:01 NZST 2015

Dear all,
You may know that the Bengal Library Association was established in West
Bengal, India in 1925 under the presidentship of nobel laureate poet
Rabindranath Tagore to promote library movement in the country. Since its
establishment it has been engaged to develop libraries in the state as well
as country.
Since 1990's, the Association has been engaged to modernize the libraries
in the state, regularly organize workshops as well as training program on
CDS/ISIS, WINISIS, etc. From 2011, Govt. of West Bengal and Raja Rammohun
Roy Library Foundation gave aid to the Association for training of library
personnels in West Bengal on Koha and later the Association modernized 170
town libraries in West Bengal by means of Koha. Presently the name of the
Association has been listed as a Paid Support Provider of Koha in your
list.
Now there is a trend in India to use Koha. It is a good for our country.
But as India is a vast and multi-lingual country, different persons, users,
institutions are facing many problems, using Koha differently. It is noble
task to get together these Koha users, Koha people so that they can
exchange their views, ideas for the betterment of future Koha. For this
purpose it is our effort to organize a National Seminar on Koha.
We are trying to organize a National Seminar on Koha on last week of
January, 2016 in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. We will be very happy if the
name of the Seminar is 'IndKoha'. Kindly cooperate to organize the Seminar
under the name 'IndKoha'.

Regards,
Joydeep Chanda
Joint Secretary