[Koha] Catalogue - SQL Report Help

SATISH lis4satish at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 17:40:16 NZDT 2015

Hi,

I found one solution, but it is not through Koha.

I exported unique records generated by both the item type BB and BK and put
it in a single excel file and applied conditional formating and applied
filter ( to ISBN column, since it is unique) by colour and found the
duplicate biblionumber/titles generated between BB and BK (not among BB or
BK) and removed manually. But, still I expect, automated software to
perform this using sql.

When fetching unique records from particular item type is possible means,
merging both the items types results, creating a view for that and
eliminating duplicate records should also be possible using sql. But I am
not good in mysql.

Since my library requirement is to maintain "book" and "book bank" as
separate item types for accommodating more than one circulation rules and
also facilitate searching with-in particular item type.

I request this forum to help me for doing this within koha using sql not
manually (using excel) please or someone already did similar exercise
please help me.

Hoping to get some solution.

With thanks.

Satish MV