[Koha] Contents information for serials

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Feb 24 07:23:08 NZDT 2015

I suppose it depends on how you handle your serials.  If you're cataloguing
each issue as a separate bib, then you could use the formatted contents
note (505 in MARC 21).
For an example of a bib with an extensive 505 (in a sound recording) see
http://catalogue.efdss.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=65000

We don't catalogue individual issues, but catalogue articles of note and
then link them to the serial record with a Host Item Entry (773)

To see the links in action between a serial title and the indexed articles,
look up Fiddler Magazine in the same catalogue.

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 1:29 AM, James Baker <james at calyx.net.au> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> How do you display contents information for individual issues of serials?
>
> Currently I'm using the item z public notes subfield, but this results in
> fairly poor formatting of the record display in both the staffclient and
> the opac.
>
> What do you find is the most useful way for this to be presented?

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)