[Koha] Missing lost status in Default framework item record

Hernandez, Heather heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Wed Dec 9 05:08:41 NZDT 2015

Hi, all--

Bob wrote:
> For the benefit of others, the better way to set lost status is from the
record Details page by
> selecting the Items tab from those at left.

I tried reading through the bugzilla on this to understand why it was
changed, but I'm afraid not enough of it was in "librarian" for me to
understand!:)  This is going to cause us more work, since I'd have to click
"Items" in the tab on the left to set the status to missing, then go to
another place (click the "Edit" button, then select "Edit items," then
click in the item to edit) to enter a non-public note about such things as
when the item was searched.  It's been faster to click "edit" on the
correct item to set its lost status & enter the non-public note information
in one "edit" step.

But we're still on 3.18, and I haven't any experience yet with 3.20+, so I
might be misunderstanding!  Also, we don't charge fines--did I read the
bugzilla correctly enough to understand that the interaction to the patron
record wasn't happening correctly on lost items, and it was decided not to
correct the problem if one set the item to lost via clicking "Edit" next to
the correct item record in the staff "Normal" display?

Cheerio!
--h2
Heather Hernandez
Technical Services Librarian
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
2 Marina Blvd., Bldg. E, 3rd floor, San Francisco, CA  94123
415-561-7032, heather_hernandez at nps.gov
http://www.nps.gov/safr/learn/historyculture/museum-collections.htm

"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail."--Gustaf Lindborg