[Koha] Design of OPAC

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Wed Dec 9 04:36:58 NZDT 2015

At 05:44 PM 12/8/2015 +0530, Indranil Das Gupta wrote:
>[snip] The NISCAIR opac is actually a rather poor example. It falls short of
>W3C standard compliance - see
>https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fopac.niscair.res.in%2F

Right now, the validator is returning a 500 error for that OPAC, and a
direct attempt is timing out (504 from a CentOS server) so I can't see the
results.

>(Remark: Ignore the the first 2 info and the first error message in
>the above output, every Koha instance will have these. The rest should
>be fixed by the implementer)

What are these "2 info and the first error message"? Our Koha instance does
not have any errors, warnings, info (due perhaps to the evolution of
!doctype from XHTML to HTML[5]):

<https://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fopac.navalmarinearchive.com>

On the other hand, we have a "wish list" project to try and look into the
CSS -- the jigsaw.w3.org validation is intimidating :=}

Best -- Paul