[Koha] Design of OPAC

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 01:14:12 NZDT 2015

Hi Balaji,

On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Balaji Ravichandran
<rbalajives at gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I change the interface of Koha OPAC in such a way that it feels
> more attractive and user friendly?
> Is there any specific tools or modules that does this work?

The recommended way to "dress-up" your OPAC is by the use of the
system preferences - opacuserjs and opacusercss. put in your custom
css in the later and add in your jquery / javascript foo in the
former.

See also : http://manual.koha-community.org/3.22/en/impopac.html#editableopac
for associated syspref and what they control.

> I prefer to do like this website - http://opac.niscair.res.in/     or
> http://catalog.bywatersolutions.com/

The NISCAIR opac is actually a rather poor example. It falls short of
W3C standard compliance - see
https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fopac.niscair.res.in%2F

(Remark: Ignore the the first 2 info and the first error message in
the above output, every Koha instance will have these. The rest should
be fixed by the implementer)

hope this helps

--
Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies

Phone : +91-98300-20971
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net