[Koha] patron import

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Fri Aug 28 13:39:35 NZST 2015

The other thing I would include is email address, if you want issue
circulation alerts and overdue notices.
Bob Birchall
Calyx

On 28/08/15 11:16, RAC IT Department wrote:
> I am not 100% certain but I would think that the following would be the
> minimum necessary to identify users with the same first or last name ...
>
> cardnumber, surname, firstname, branchcode, password, and userid (possibly
> categorycode too)
>
> You can always do a test import of one patron. That one patron can easily
> be erased.
>
> Patron import is very useful when you want to import a large number of
> patrons and/or update current patrons. It wouldn't make sense to import
> them and then have to go one by one and set username and password, etc.
>
> Hope that helps...
> Bill
>

> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 11:46 AM, Scott Owen <sowen at edzone.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Can someone tell me what the minimum required fields are for doing a patron
>> import ?
>>
>> I know "branchcode" and "categorycode" are required (and must match the
>> library...).
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> -S

Bob Birchall
Director
Calyx Group Pty Limited

Mob: 0414 796 988
Email: bob at calyx.net.au
Web: www.calyx.net.au

This email and any attachments are proprietary and confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please let us know immediately by reply email and delete it from your system.
You may not use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message nor disclose its contents to anyone.

Calyx Group Pty Limited – P.O. Box 6041 North Sydney NSW 2059 – ABN 25 083 195 804
Participating in the Koha Open ILS project:
http://koha-community.org