[Koha] Koha - Z39.50 source help

David Nind david.nind at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 12:35:56 NZST 2014

Hi Ahmad.

Congratulations on getting Koha up and running at your university!

I've replied with my suggestions, as well as posting this to the Koha
mailing list. You may wish to subscribe to the general Koha mailing list if
you haven't already (see
http://koha-community.org/support/koha-mailing-lists/).

I assume you are trying to connect to a Z39.50 source when cataloging a
record.

Things to check or try:

- Try another source or check the details: see
http://manual.koha-community.org/3.16/en/additionaladmin.html#z3950admin

- If you are using the Library of Congress as your source: the Z39.50
details changed in early 2013 so you may need to update this, see
http://bywatersolutions.com/2013/01/28/change-in-library-of-congress-z39-50-target/
(this is fixed in recent releases I think, but it looks like you are using
3.12).

- Firewalls at some organisations block access to non-standard ports like
port 210 (commonly used for Z39.50), so check with the people that look
after your network to see if this the case.

Regards.

David Nind