[Koha] Hardware requirements

Witoszynskyj Stephan stephan at wito.org
Sun Sep 7 17:50:49 NZST 2014

Hello,

we are a (very) small library. We are using Koha since a couple of months. So far our installation is „offline“ (on an old Mac Mini that is not accessible from the internet). Now we want to go online. Due to our limited budget the only option will be renting a virtual server. However, I have no idea which specifications will be sufficient in our case. I know that more is always better, but our financial resources are really limited.

The offerings that I currently have, have following specifications:
* Single Core, 512 MB RAM, 20 GB hard disk
* Single Core, 1024 MB RAM, 40 GB hard disk

We have less than 5000 books and less than 250 customers.

I’m sorry that I’m asking a question that has been asked a hundred times…

Regards,
  Stephan