[Koha] Cataloguing multi-volume sets

Katrin Fischer Katrin.Fischer.83 at web.de
Mon Oct 27 05:10:57 NZDT 2014

Hi,

one option for linking records to each other is using 001 and $w
subfields and to activate the system preference UseControlNumber.

For a multi volume set you could do:

Set record:
000 pos. 19 = a
001 = biblionumber or another unique identifier
The record now shows a link 'show volumes'.

Volume records:
000 pos. 19 = b or c
773$w = 001 of the set record
The record now shows a label Set: with the title from 245$a that links
to the parent record.

Hope I got it right and this helps,

Katrin