[Koha] email notices about hold awaiting

Arslan Farooq arslanone at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 20:25:44 NZDT 2014

Hi guys,

I'm on Koha 3.16.4 installed using Debian package.

I explored a bit, and here is what I've found out:

Let's say a book is issued, and two people have placed hold on it,
Bob and Arslan. Bob has priority over Arslan.

When I check-in the book, Koha gives me a message "Hold Found" and gives
option to "Confirm Hold". See http://i.imgur.com/JFOZhi1.png

I "Confirm Hold", and now the book's hold page looks like this:
http://i.imgur.com/3TvWLpI.png, and an email is sent to Bob. Note the
"Priority" column, and the selected option "Waiting".

Now, if we issue the book to "Bob", or if we/he cancel his hold request,
then there will be only one hold left in the queue, for Arslan. See
http://i.imgur.com/QD0DKYq.png. Note the "Priority" column again, now it
won't have the "Waiting" option. Only option other then numerical
priority is the option "del".

Question: Is this a bug? The non-availability of "Waiting" option in the
"Priority" column?

I think there is no way to turn a hold into "Waiting" state, except when
checking-in a book. That means no way to inform the patron when a hold is
available (auto email) if we press "Ignore" in this step:
http://i.imgur.com/JFOZhi1.png

Arslan

--
Electronic Resource Librarian