[Koha] Koha 3.16 and Ldap with Active Directory not working

KIS ISM ISM at kis.in
Fri Oct 17 23:07:21 NZDT 2014

We moved from eDirectory to Active Directory and I have to change the ldap settings in koha-conf.xml

Here my koha-conf.xml  (part)   (xxxxx replaced with real values on system)

  <useldapserver>1</useldapserver>
<!-- LDAP SERVER (optional) -->
<ldapserver id="ldapserver"  listenref="ldapserver">
                <hostname>xxxxx.kis.in</hostname>
                <base> dc=kis,dc=in</base>
                <user>cn=xxxxxx,dc=kis,dc=in</user>             <!-- DN, if not anonymous -->
                <pass>xxxxxx</pass>      <!-- password, if not anonymous -->
                <auth_by_bind>1</auth_by_bind>
                <principal_name>CN=%s at kis.in</principal_name>
                <replicate>0</replicate>  <!--    add new users from LDAP to Koha database -->
                <update>0</update>        <!--    xupdate existing users in Koha database -->
                <mapping>                  <!-- match koha SQL field names to your LDAP record field names -->
                                <firstname    is="givenname"      ></firstname>
                                <surname      is="sn"             ></surname>
                                <address      is="workforceID"    >KIS</address>
                                <city         is="workforceID"    >Kodaikanal</city>
                                <zipcode      is="workforceID"    >624 101</zipcode>
                                <branchcode   is="workforceID"    >KISHS</branchcode>
                                <userid       is="sAMAccountName"  ></userid>
                                <password     is="workforceID"    ></password>
                                <email        is="mail"           ></email>
                                <categorycode is="workforceID"   >PT</categorycode>
                                <phone        is="workforceID"></phone>
                </mapping>
</ldapserver>

I could change Authentication in Moodle without a problem.

What is wrong with my configuration for Koha?

Rudy Wuthrich
Kodaikanal International School (KIS)
Tamil Nadu, India