[Koha] Problem in search

Dibyendra Hyoju dibyendra at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 02:48:24 NZDT 2014

Hi all,

I've been facing the same issue from last 2-3 months, most probably
after upgrading Koha from version 3.14 to 3.16. From OPAC, when I
search for terms like "Business", "accounting", "economics", I get the
similar error:

Software error:
Can't call method "as_string" on an undefined value at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Koha.pm line 1608.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([no address given]),
giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

I checked using yaz-client and searched for the terms which produced
errors, but not sure how to find the broken records. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Thanks!

On 8/27/14, Tomas Cohen Arazi <tomascohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 9:37 AM, ahmnas <ahmad.nasser19 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear friends
>>
>> i have ubuntu 12.04 and koha version 3.16.2, and when i search with some
>> words like education or drugs the system give me this error "Can't call
>> method "as_string" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Koha.pm
>> line 1608."
>> how solve this problem it's the first time see it and i need to solve for
>> searching and users used system.
>>

> That error means a record being retrieved from Zebra is malformed. I
> recommend that you perform the same search using yaz-client against your
> biblios database and look for the broken record.
>
> Regards
> To+
>
> --
> Tomás Cohen Arazi
> Prosecretaría de Informática
> Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
> ✆ +54 351 5353750 ext 13168
> GPG: B76C 6E7C 2D80 551A C765  E225 0A27 2EA1 B2F3 C15F

Dibyendra Hyoju