[Koha] Zebra rebuild frequency

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 02:42:36 NZDT 2014

I see a couple situations when you could need a reindex:

- An upgrade explicitly states the need for it
- Changes on the index definitions
- Changing from GRS-1 to DOM indexing
- Weird/unexpected search results

The latter means something is going wrong. In that situation, please report
back to us, because:
- It can affect another users that didn't already noticed it
- We could be able to fix it

On 3.18 you'll be able to even disable the cronjob as there will be an
indexing daemon running.

Regards
Tomás

PS: "Report back" means sending an email to the list, connecting to the IRC
channel, or even filling a bug. I'd recommend IRC for a better and more
effective report/feedback interaction, and we could end up filling a bug
for it.