[Koha] Getting error-site library does not exist

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:52:08 NZDT 2014

Greetings,

Nilratan Bhattacharjee wrote:
> During installation of koha on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, I have found 1
> error message....
>
> when I have given command.... "sudo a2ensite library"
>
> I got a error "ERROR: Site library does not exist!

The problem is covered tangentially in the troubleshooting section.
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages#Appendix_B:_Troubleshooting
"Under Ubuntu 14.04, while creating your instance, you may discover that
only /etc/apache2/sites-available/{SITENAME} file was created. If you rename
it to /etc/apache2/sites-available/{SITENAME}.conf this will solve potential
issues when you try to enable the site later in the instructions. "

Since we are attempting to move forward to the latest Apache 2, you may wish
to attempt:
$ sudo a2ensite library.conf

Nilratan Bhattacharjee wrote:
> Now problem is that I am able to run both Koha staff client and OPAC
> from the host computer i.e from my computer but i can't access my
> koha staff client from any other computer on my LAN network although
> I am able to access my koha OPAC using the ip address of my LAN
> network.

This is a networking issue. Set up your DNS correctly, or fix the hosts
files on all the computers that need access. You've likely installed a
name-based installation. If you don't want a name-based installation, then
you should read
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages#Appendix_A:_Named-based_vs._IP-based_installations
Though, it is strongly encouraged to get the DNS done right and use a
name-based install.

Hope this helps,
Mark Tompsett