[Koha] Unimarc Indicators

julionogueira at sapo.pt julionogueira at sapo.pt
Thu May 29 23:43:00 NZST 2014

Hi everybody,

Do I have to fill indicators in when cataloguing?
or
Is there a way to pre-set them on Koha for selecting when cataloguing?
or yet
Are they really needed, once Koha not strictly follows what Unimarc
manuals recommed?
Searching Koha foruns, I could verify that many people have approached
this subject on several occasions, but I wasn't able to find a
definitive answer and I would like to be sure before starting the
records migration process.
I can be wrong, but it seems to me that indicators have less relevance
in Authorities than in Biblio as they can generate notes (block 4xx)
for example, unless Koha comes already set for these and other
indicators functions by default.
Many thanks in advance and best regards from
Júlio