[Koha] ATHENA to KOHA Migration.

Jerwyn Fernandez jerwyn_fernandez at southville.edu.ph
Fri Mar 28 14:42:42 NZDT 2014

Good day!

We are currently migrating our system ATHENA to KOHA.

ATHENA holds data in 852 and on the other part KOHA holds data in 952. I
used MarcEdit tool to edit the data. I was able to edit it somehow however;
when I upload the data to KOHA I notice there are problems in callnumber.

ATHENA holds the data of callnumber in 852 $kPrefix $hMain $iCutter
$mSuffix a

KOHA holds the data of callnumber in 952 $ofull callnumber

I do have a problem for those data that I exported in ATHENA that has
*"multiple
items on a single record and to those subfileds that are not properly
arranged".*

One of the attached file is the data that I exported to ATHENA, I just
selected 3 records due to we have thousands of records.

And the other attached file is the data that I was able to edit please
check it.

Is there anyone can help me with my problem? I heard that several libraries
was successfully done this, some used regular expression and to be honest
I'm not very particular with it.

Hopefully I came in to the right place to answer my query.

Thank you and best regards,

--
Jerwyn G. Fernadez
Basic Education Librarian