[Koha] Frameworks

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Mar 26 11:38:48 NZDT 2014

Paul A schreef op di 25-03-2014 om 18:13 [-0400]:
> a) Does anyone know in the staff "Add MARC record" page
> (/koha/cataloguing/addbiblio.pl), how to make the "default" framework
> totally disappear? If not, how to set an alternate framework (say, BKS) as
> the "option selected" in the drop down box?

You can totally hide it with a bit of jQuery javascript.

It would be nice to be able to have an option in the frameworks editor
to show/hide individual ones from the cataloguing interface, but that's
currently not possible.

> b) manipulating MySQL directly is trivial (I have tried it on our sandbox)
> apparently with no loss of integrity. Has anyone ever tried this? and are
> there any down-sides that I have not detected?

You don't say what you're actually doing with mysql, but if it's just
changing the framework code for a bunch of biblios, I wouldn't expect it
to cause issues, but I haven't tried it myself.

If it's deleting the default framework, I'd really discourage that.
Things might go a bit haywire.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.