[Koha] Frameworks

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Wed Mar 26 11:13:06 NZDT 2014

A dual question if I may:

a) Does anyone know in the staff "Add MARC record" page
(/koha/cataloguing/addbiblio.pl), how to make the "default" framework
totally disappear? If not, how to set an alternate framework (say, BKS) as
the "option selected" in the drop down box?

Our cataloguers have, over the last few years, unfortunately "forgotten" to
save to the correct BKS framework (itself derived from the default) about
700 biblios, so...

b) manipulating MySQL directly is trivial (I have tried it on our sandbox)
apparently with no loss of integrity. Has anyone ever tried this? and are
there any down-sides that I have not detected?

Thanks in advance,
Paul