[Koha] cannot edit public list, follow-up/part 2

Amy Schuler schulera at caryinstitute.org
Tue Mar 25 09:57:46 NZDT 2014

Dear All

Awhile back I posted that I had inadvertently done some things in root that
I should not have done.  Specifically, creating a public list that I am now
unable to edit or delete.  See original thread
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2014-February/038728.html.

Following Robin Sheat's advice (thanks Robin!), I attempted to take
ownership of that list according to the instructions here,
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2014-February/038751.html.  As
suggested in these instructions, I did first confirm that the list owner is
null.  However, upon trying Robin's instructions to take over the list, I
got the following error:

mysql> UPDATE virtualshelves SET owner=1082 WHERE owner IS NULL;
ERROR 1452 (23000): Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key
constraint fails (`koha_library`.`virtualshelves`, CONSTRAINT
`virtualshelves_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`owner`) REFERENCES `borrowers`
(`borrowernumber`) ON DELETE SET NULL ON UPDATE SET NULL)

Of course I have googled the error, but am not familiar enough with mySQL
or database structure generally to make much sense of it.  Can anyone
translate this and tell me how to get past this error and achieve my
ultimate goal of taking ownership of that list?

I am running Koha 3.10.04.000, mySQL v. 14.14.  Let me know if you need
more info or details about the structure of my database.  Please be
explicit in your advice.  Note that it took me a few weeks just to get to
this point with Robin's instructions : )

Thanks to everyone,

Amy Schuler
Cary Institute of Ecosystem Studies
schulera at caryinstitute.org