[Koha] FW: Opac search not working on 3.14

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Sat Mar 22 00:24:23 NZDT 2014

Lay Poh Allonen wrote:
> We have recently upgraded from 3.2 to 3.14.01, using Ubuntu 12.0.4.  The upgrade was a success except we were not able to search the OPAC.  We could search Authorities but not the Bibliographic records. The catalogue Search on the staff client side is working fine. Each search in the OPAC returns 'No results found!'. Assuming that this problem has to do with zebra indexing, I have tried to run zebra and it threw the error message pasted below. Please help us to resolve the problem.
> "error retrieving biblio 11115 at /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl line 616."

Assuming you did "koha-rebuild-zebra --full" to get that, then you
probably have to dig into the admin for biblio 11115 and if that doesn't
work, find biblio 11115 in the mysql biblios table and see if there's
something obviously wrong with it that can be fixed, else remove it and
all its items and biblioitems, rebuild-zebra and recatalogue it.

But that may not be the cause of the no results found message.  Check
the koha OPAC error log file after doing a search and/or try searching
the z39.50 server directly.  It could be something subtler, like running
rebuild_zebra.pl directly and messing up file permissions on a system
where koha packages are being used.

Good luck!
--
MJ Ray (slef), member of www.software.coop, a for-more-than-profit co-op