[Koha] Is there an overview of migration tools?

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Mar 17 11:42:01 NZDT 2014

Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se schreef op vr 14-03-2014 om 12:39 [+0000]:
> Is anyone aware of a list of migration scripts for different systems?
> I held a lecture this wednesday about Koha and could not answer this
> question. I did however find a quite a few libraries having migrated
> from Voyager to Koha which answered only part of the question (since
> they were a Voyager library). I’ve also located 20+ scripts for
> different kinds of systems. But if there is a list I’d still like to
> know so I can both inform people of it and add the scripts we funded
> for migrating from Book-IT for others to use.

I've been polishing up a bunch of scripts here:

https://gitorious.org/koha-migration-toolbox/koha-migration-toolbox/

over time. It's not really a list so much as a set of tools and scripts
to make the process easier. It's pretty much never the case that you
have something you can point at a library system and get a new Koha
system out, so they require a bit of patience to use.

If you want to contribute some scripts for Book-IT, feel free to add
them to this repository. It's often the case that one script (especially
the more generic ones for scripting changes to MARC records) can work
for multiple systems, so having them all in one place reduces
wheel-reinventing.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.