[Koha] maintenace redirect on first installation.

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 01:18:55 NZST 2014

Greetings,
> Now am able to run Koha both staff client and public
> from the host computer but then i can not run staff client
> on any other computer on the network though am able
> to run the public client using an ip address what should i do ?
“To configure your server for use, edit /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf with details about your site. You may need to create this file.

As an example, suppose you want to create an instance named mykoha with the domain names and ports set like this:

  a.. OPAC: mykoha-opac.mydomain.org:80 (port 80 is the default for web sites)
  b.. Intranet: mykoha-admin.mydomain.org:8080 (a different port that can be filtered)
You would set DOMAIN=".mydomain.org", INTRAPORT="8080", INTRASUFFIX="-admin", OPACPORT="80", OPACSUFFIX="-opac". See Appendix_A for a discussion of Name-based vs. IP-based installation, and Base_Install_Finished for an example of the how these affect the URL. “

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages#Pre-Web_Install_Setup
This is why you need to read the instructions, because changing after the fact is a pain. It requires modifying the appropriate apache configuration files, which I lack the ability to describe.
You likely did a name-based install. That is what following the blue boxes gives you. If your machine is hosted externally (e.g. digital ocean, linode, etc.), this is the best method to use. However, it requires having DNS properly configured (or hacked to work for each machine). If you are lone librarian lost in the barrens of techy-dom who wishes to tinker with Koha and wants to try it on your local network without any technical support, you need to do an IP-based install.
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages#Appendix_A:_Named-based_vs._IP-based_installations
It is particularly important to understand how your configuration settings affect the final results. Clear examples of this were given and linked to:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages#Base_Install_Finished
Why not remove the instance, and redo it in a way that meets your need?
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Commands_provided_by_the_Debian_packages
GPML,
Mark Tompsett