[Koha] Koha/Evergreen Comparison Site

Diana Spaulding diana.b.spaulding at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 10:54:53 NZST 2014

FYI, the Features site (http://ils.foss4lib.org) includes over 1000 ILS
features, the vast majority of which are functional in both Koha and
Evergreen. Updates are current through nearly all of the version 3.14 new
features (this will soon be reflected more clearly).

Can you clarify for me which features are listed as NO which are actually
YES in Koha now? I will correct those ASAP.

The features database was generated from RFP's and RFI's published by
libraries in the recent past, and supplemented with new features
development from the past 18 months of Koha and Evergreen versions. Of
course, the Features site cannot list every bit of functionality in the
Koha software, but we hope its value lies in meeting the stated needs of
libraries seeking a new ILS with the current capabilities of open source
systems.

As the person responsible for updates over the past 18 months I welcome
additional documentation of new functions. Currently, I study the notes in
Bugzilla and comb the release notes and documentation for explanations of
new functionality, but I could definitely use additional information. The
Bywater videos offer excellent depth--thank you Nicole Engard!--and I would
love to see more.

Respectfully,
Diana Spaulding
The Galecia Group