[Koha] patron categories [z39.50 servers]

Eric Lease Morgan eric_morgan at infomotions.com
Sat Jul 5 03:26:43 NZST 2014

> Creating a patron profile is problematic. I fill to the form trying to create a staff patron. I summit the form. The screen goes blank for a second or two, and returns saying "No categories have been defined. Create a new category.” I’m stuck in an endless loop.

I have a very similar problem when I try to create Z39.50 servers. Fill in Z39.50 form. Submit. Screen comes back and says “Ok”. Go to Z39.50 server page, but no servers are listed. Dump database. Grep database dump for LCDB (the Library of Congress database name). Not found. Sometimes writing to the database works, like with the creation of a library. But writing to the database for patron categories or Z39.50 servers does not. What am I missing? Maybe writing to the database is sometimes done through the Perl API, and maybe sometimes it is done through the MySQL client? When using the Perl API no error? When using the MySQL client get “warning”. By the way, I tried installing the latest and greatest version of Koha a couple of weeks ago — version 3.16 — and had the exact same problems. So I thought I’d go back one version, just in case I was on the “bleeding” edge.

(Next will try to import some bibliographic data from the command line. Wish me luck?)

—
Eric “Beginning To Grasp At Straws” Morgan