[Koha] Koha/Evergreen Comparison Site

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Fri Jul 4 13:42:35 NZST 2014

Hi All,

I'm sorry that the features listing is out-of-date but we will be bringing
it up to speed very soon.  As Nicole and Hugo mentioned, it is more about
letting people know that the Koha and Evergreen product DO have all the
features that people expect from the proprietary ILSs.  I'd love to add
Alma and Symphony, WMS, and Sierra, etc, to the list but sadly, that is way
more of an undertaking than my company or Lyrasis can handle. So, by
putting this product out there, we are at least taking some pressure off
the service providers (e.g. ByWater, Equinox,  Catalyst, PTFS, Libime???)
who might not have the marketing departments that Innovative and SirsiDynix
and OCLC have.

It would be great to get a little help from the Koha community on this as
it ultimately benefits everyone by enticing more people to move to Koha
(and Evergreen).  I understand your reluctance but I hope you'll see this
resource as something desired to support Open Source, not hinder.

If you'd like to contribute, let me know.  In the meantime, we do expect to
get it updated in the next couple of weeks or so.  But feedback about
features we're misrepresented or which need to be added are ALWAYS welcome!

Lori

Lori Bowen Ayre //
Library Technology Consultant / The Galecia Group
(707) 763-6869 // Lori.Ayre at galecia.com
Availability:  http://doodle.com/loriayre

<Lori.Ayre at galecia.com>Specializing in software solutions, RFID, filtering,
workflow optimization, and materials handling