[Koha] limiting items to branch

Robert Bruno rab at foundationcenter.org
Sat Jan 11 08:35:32 NZDT 2014

Hello,

My library (Foundation Center, NY) is trying to set up Koha so we can use advanced search to link a specific item type with a specific branch. I'm posting this seeking advice...this is my first time mailing the list.

More details: we have five main branches, and each branch circulates different-sized portions of the library collection.  One branch (New York) circulates a small portion of the collection, while another branch (Atlanta) circulates a much larger portion of the collection.  This is problematic for us, since if we limit to New York and Circulating Item, we will essentially get everything that Atlanta circulates, even if the New York library owns it but does not circulate it.

Here's an example using our Catalog:

--go to Advanced Search (http://catalog.foundationcenter.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl)

--do keyword search "management" and limit to circulating item and New York (http://catalog.foundationcenter.org/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?idx=kw&q=management&op=and&idx=kw&op=and&idx=kw&limit=mc-itype%2Cphr%3ACIRC&limit=branch%3ANEWYORK&sort_by=pubdate_dsc&do=Search)

--the first record (Donor cultivation) is owned by Atlanta and New York, but not circulated by New York (it's only circulated by Atlanta). We want to weed these out and only display records that have a circulating item in New York.

Any ideas on how to fix this?  I've been working with our vendor Bywater and they suggested we mail the list to see if anyone has the same problem.

If you need any further information, please feel free to email me directly.

Thank you!

Rob Bruno
Catalog/Reference Librarian
[The Foundation Center]<http://foundationcenter.org/>
The Foundation Center
79 Fifth Avenue  ?  New York, NY 10003
T:-(212)-807-2411   ?  F:-(212)-691-1828
rab at foundationcenter.org<mailto:rab at foundationcenter.org>  ?  foundationcenter.org<http://foundationcenter.org/>
[Twitter]<http://www.twitter.com/FCNewYork>[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/fcnewyork>[YouTube]<http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFoundationCenter>
Catalog of Nonprofit Literature<http://catalog.foundationcenter.org/>  Identify books, articles, and reports held by Foundation Center libraries.