[Koha] Location and item information (Marc 952) from Koha 2.x to 3.14

Giuseppe Angilella Giuseppe.Angilella at ct.infn.it
Mon Feb 17 08:15:21 NZDT 2014

Dear Chris,

thanks for replying.

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014, Chris Cormack wrote:

> Item data in 3.4.x and above is no longer stored in the MARC but in
> the items table, did you run the script to tidy that up?

I cannot be sure: I've performed an installation from packages, and
several migration scripts were run automatically.

> misc/maintenance/remove_items_from_biblioitems.pl --run

The documentation says it would "remove the 9XX fields in the bib records
that store a (now) duplicate copy of the item record information". I
assume these only include subfields within the 952 tag (say, 999c and 999d
would not be removed, as they specify the biblionumber).

> Item data in 3.4.x and above is no longer stored in the MARC but in

True: Other users with my same problem will find more details here:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Holdings_data_fields_(9xx)

However, the Marc framework coming with 3.x (3.14 here) does include
mappings from subfields under the 952 tag to specific columns in the items
table. And I can see these fields in the Marc records entered using the
new framework. Is that intentional, say for backward compatibility?
(which, in fact, is producing here some in-compatibility!)

Many thanks!

Giuseppe.