[Koha] Location and item information (Marc 952) from Koha 2.x to 3.14

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Feb 17 07:29:09 NZDT 2014

On 17 February 2014 05:59, Giuseppe Angilella
<Giuseppe.Angilella at ct.infn.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the progress of updating my Koha system here from 2.x to 3.14 (a
> giant leap, seemingly!)

Well yeah, the last 2.2.x release was 7 years ago .....

> After using the built-in migration scripts and fixing many local
> inconsistencies, I am left with the Koha-to-Marc mapping of the subfields in
> the 952 tab (Location and item information).
>
> I am keeping Koha 2.x Marc framework as a default, and using Koha 3.14 Marc
> framework to catalogue all new biblios and items. I plan to edit all old
> biblios (and items) gradually and individually, change them into the new
> framework, and fill in the missing fields.
>
> However, although this seems to work with biblio records, some
> inconsistencies seem to remain with existing items. After editing and
> changing framework for a given biblio, I can only edit existing items
> through the "barcode" link. The framework structure for tag 952 in Koha 3.14
> then appears (with most fields blank, of course), and the itemnumber showing
> in the 952.u subfield, now reserved for the Uniform Resource Identifier.
> Other values are also assigned to wrong fields, both in the intranet form
> for cataloguing and in the Opac.
>
> I would expect that filling the (new) fields correctly and saving would
> result in an updated item, now belonging to and complying with the (new)
> framework. In particular, I would expect that a further attempt at editing
> the same item would show the correct values filling the appropriate fields.
> But this is not the case: even though I can check (via direct access to the
> mysql database) that any modification has indeed taken place as desired, it
> seems as if the item is still interpreting those values as corresponding to
> fields arranged as in the old Marc framework.
>
> (The bibliographic framework test returns OK, with all the columns in the
> items table mapped to the 952 subfields as in the "new" framework.)
>
> On the other hand, items belonging to biblio records still in the default
> (old) framework are displayed correctly.
>
> Is the Marc framework only specific to biblio records? Shouldn't it be
> possible to have items belonging to different frameworks?
>
> Can two frameworks with different Koha-to-Marc mappings in the 952 tag, as
> in my case, coexist?

Item data in 3.4.x and above is no longer stored in the MARC but in
the items table, did you run the script to tidy that up?

from the INSTALL file

Koha 3.4.x or later  no longer stores items in biblio records.
If you are upgrading from an older version ou will need to do the
following two steps, they can take a long time (several hours) to
complete for large databases

 misc/maintenance/remove_items_from_biblioitems.pl --run
 misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -r

I would back up the db, and try this

Chris