[Koha] Prices and tax in koha (also send on koha-devel)

Fischer, Katrin Katrin.Fischer at bsz-bw.de
Fri Feb 7 00:22:15 NZDT 2014

Hi,

I have asked one of our libraries using acquisitions to take a look at the questions, forwarding their answers:

- If you get quoted a price for an item, is that price inclusive or exclusive of tax?
* Usually inclusive, fixed retail price.
* We do not order much internationally.

- Do you want to be able to account for taxes in a separate fund from the fund that pays for the main cost of the item?
* No, in my library, we don't need that.

- As a library, are there taxes that you would pay when purchasing items that subsequently get refunded at the end of the year?
* No, we don't get any refund at the end of the year.

- If a vendor gives you a discount, is the discount applied to the pre-tax price or the price that includes tax?
* The discount is applied on price including tax.

- What factors govern the tax rate that applies to a given item?
* It depends on the origin of the vendor (France, European Union, Non European Union), but the German tax law applies

I can add to the last question that in Germany different tax rates apply for books/printed materials and electronic resources.

Who is next? :)

Katrin

--
Katrin Fischer
Bibliotheksservice-Zentrum Baden-Wuerttemberg (BSZ)
E-Mail: katrin.fischer at bsz-bw.de
http://bsz-bw.de