[Koha] Reindexing after switching from GRS1 to DOM

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Dec 9 16:57:01 NZDT 2014

Iming Chan schreef op ma 08-12-2014 om 20:32 [-0700]:
> We have changed our indexing method from GRS1 to DOM on last Sunday
> and as I
> write (Tuesday), the reindexing of bib records still going and no sign
> of
> finishing soon.  We only have just over 6,000 bib. records.  According
> our IT person, reindexing is definitely continuing, but there is no
> indication how far it has done and no much more to go!  Anyone
> encountered
> similar experience on the speed of reindexing?

6,000 bibs I would not expect to take long. Barely 10 minutes, less on a
reasonably speedy machine.

When reindexing you can provide '-v' to get some extra output.
Unfortunately it no longer gives you output of the index merge progress
like it used to, I (or someone) should fix that. But it will give you
more insight into the process.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.