[Koha] Stemming and zebra

Francois Charbonnier francois.charbonnier at inlibro.com
Wed Aug 27 04:10:53 NZST 2014

Hello,

I have tested the QueryStemming system preference on Koha 3.14 (my local
installation) and I'm wondering, does zebra just right truncate the
words or is there an algorithm to find the stems?

I use ICU and I have enabled "QueryWeightFields". I don't have automatic
truncation or fuzzy search on. I use these words for my tests:

  * ski, skiing, skills
  * fish, fished, fishing, fisher, fishxsdfe

Each time, with QueryStemming on, skills and fishxsdfe come out in the
search results. Is it what I should expect? "Skills", maybe but "fishxsdfe"?

Do you know how it works? or have a good example that would help me to
understand?

Thanks!
--
François Charbonnier,
Bibl. prof. / Chef de produits

Tél.  : (888) 604-2627
francois.charbonnier at inLibro.com <mailto:francois.charbonnier at inLibro.com>

inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>