[Koha] Data Migration, TLC to Koha

Vinod Kumar Mishra vinod_librarian at rediffmail.com
Fri Aug 1 16:16:02 NZST 2014

Hello,

Yes you can convert your own data into marc format there are various methods to do that, If you  can generate reports in Marc/iso/excel formats etc. from existing software than it can be converted. Please see the link below, if you don't mind may i know how much they quote and your data size/record?

http://manual.koha-community.org/3.2/en/marceditexcel.html

On Fri, 01 Aug 2014 01:46:28 +0530 Ronn Raszetnik  wrote
>Hi everyone,

I am new to the list here. I am an electronic resources librarian at an independent public library in Florida. We are interested in migrating from our current self-hosted TLC system to Koha. Quotes we have received from vendors are higher than we had hoped, mainly because of hefty migration fees. Is it realistic to think we could do the migration ourselves?

I installed Koha on an old server that we have, and it seems simple enough to use. Honestly, I don't think we need training or ongoing support, but the data migration (bib, patron, fine records) makes me a bit uneasy. I can work my way around Linux a bit, but I am not a database expert.

Does anyone have experience migrating from TLC to Koha? What is involved?

Thanks,

Ronn

Koha at lists.katipo.co.nz

With regards,